- This event has passed.
September Student Weekend/Parent Information Session: Camp Mary Orton
September 14, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - September 15, 2019 @ 8:30 am
Interested prospective outbound students and parents are invited to attend this Orientation and Informational weekend to connect with other interested students, our international inbounds and our local rebounds. If you’re planning to attend, please RSVP so we can plan for food and space needed.
ALL Students are REQUIRED to bring a SIGNED WAIVER
WAIVER: Open and print waiver [here].
Already know you want to Travel Abroad? Bring a friend to this fun weekend so they can learn about the Rotary Youth Exchange Scholarship and Rotary Youth Exchange!
If you haven’t done so already, remember to complete the form I’m interested in Rotary Youth Exchange
Traveling north on 23 from I-270, it is impossible to turn left into CMO. You will need to go north to the next traffic light, turn left and follow a detour that takes you back to 23 South. Once you’re back on 23, heading south, the entrance to CMO will be on your right. The entrance is a big gravel area that might be easily missed. There is a sign that says “camp entrance” (or something to that effect). Once on CMO grounds, please follow “Rotary”signs
- 2:30-3:00 – Registration: Prospective Outbounds and Parents, Host Families, Rebounds and Rotarians
- 3:00-5:00 – Parents: Prospective Outbound Parent Orientation
- 3:00-5:00 – Host Parents: Host Family Chat with Judy Root
- 3:00-5:00 – Inbound, Rebound and and Prospective Outbound Students: Games/Fun
- 5:00-6:00 – Dinner (All Welcome): **It may be beneficial to bring a lawn chair. Please RSVP with the number of family members you will have.
- 6:30 pm Saturday-8:30 am Sunday- Student Orientation: Fun, Games, Sleep (?) and Food!
Sunday, 8-8:30 am – Student Pickup: Promptness is appreciated!
SPONSORED by COLUMBUS ROTARY CLUB
Things to Bring: sleeping bag/pillow, air mattress or foam pad, towel, toiletries, casual clothing, bugspray, sneakers, flip flops, jacket/sweat shirt, gym clothes, camera, music to share, etc. We will be sleeping on the gym floor.
Dinner and snacks will be provided Saturday evening; a light continental breakfast will also be provided on Sunday morning before departure.
*All committee members have completed background checks.