the Rotary Youth Exchange Scholarship program
What an adventure you have in front of you! No matter if you end up representing Rotary International and USA as a Rotary Youth Exchange Scholar for a full year, or if you become part of our Short-Term Summer Exchange Program, you’ll have an experience that will change your life forever.
Read the journals below from the students abroad and/or click on the “want to participate” tab above to get started.
Making a difference in the world
Outbound Exchange Student Timeline
Year 1 (2017)
- August – November: Attend our Youth Exchange Weekends and information sessions. Work on your application (normally takes 3-5 weeks to complete!).
- November 15: Deadline for completed applications
- 1st weekend December: District interviews
- December 15: Find out if you’re accepted
Year 2 (2018)
- January – July: Monthly orientation meetings for all outbound students
- January 31: Find out what country you’re going to (long-term exchange students)
- April: Find out what country you’re going to (short-term exchange students)
- May – September: Short-term exchanges in and outbound
- July – September: Long-term students leave
- August: Rebound reunion for short-term students
Year 3 (2019)
- June – July: long-term students returns to the USA
- August: Rebound reunion weekend for long-term students